You’re invited to one of Manila’s most curated gatherings.
Find out why it has spawned PHP100MM in collaborations in the last 12 months alone.
And why you, why now.
IGNITE xCHANGE IV
The Wicked Labs Series
TARGET GROUND ZERO:
Who’s Who in this Manila Conspiracy
to end the root of our wicked problems
…and startup the First Filipino Unicorn
– the first billion dollar Filipino
that impacts humanity
and matters on a global scale.
Plus a major announcement that unites a series of collaborations
from our IGNITE xCHANGEs 1-3 into a massive umbrella initiative.
Rise and shine to Manila’s greater Silicon Valley. Yes, Manila. We’re not the world’s second most populous city for nothing (behind Tokyo’s 33MM, ahead of NYC’s 17MM).
Every day in our bustling metropolis of 24,000,000, we wake to a laboratory-full of the world’s most wicked problems.
Which puts us in pole position to solve them. We enjoy a massive advantage being so up close and personal to a whole biodiversity of the world’s most pressing problems, and thus, to a universe of innovations.
Manila’s store of wicked problems holds a torrent of potential unicorns, billion-dollar innovations that impact humanity and matter on a global scale
– if we cared enough to solve them.
This is what every IGNITE xCHANGE is about.
We ignite compassion and fan the flames of our inimitable brand of innovation that has now spawned PHP 100MM++ in homegrown venture investments.
- Now that we’ve found Ground Zero of Manila’s wicked problems… You’ll get up and close and personal to Public Enemy #1 – not just here in Manila, but for over one billion people all over the world.
We’ll keep its identity hidden for now – because one of its most dangerous weapons is its ability to camouflage and convince you, “Ahhh, I’ve seen this one before, it’s not that bad. Doesn’t affect me.”
- We gather 100 of Manila’s bright minds, restless spirits, and experienced hands from a diversity of sectors relevant to Ground Zero. The more we dig into it, the more complex and inter-connected the problems revealed in Ground Zero. Wicked, totally, wicked!
The more, then, we must turn to collaboration. The more, then, we can believe and be filled with fight and optimism that this too we shall one day overcome. But it will demand a scale and re-imagining of collaboration so different and audacious it is itself (collaboration) the first of many innovations needed to attack ground zero.
Diversity is key. Among us, we have titans in industries that reach far into our homes, into our health and finances, into the very infrastructure of our lives. They are joined by luminaries in fields tech, learning, work, and maximizing human potential circa 2018. And we will be right alongside innovators who are pushing the envelope in fields like collaborative consumption and the sharing economy, AI, IoT, blockchain, healthtech, edutech, fintech, and more.
3. We use algorithms and experiential design thinking to create an exhilarating mix of exchanges – from generals sharing directly from the battlefield, to game-enhanced breakouts and plenaries – we challenge ourselves to identify the most viable opportunities to innovate and collaborate in Ground Zero. Solutions are always great, but when the paradigm itself is broken, we push the envelope and challenge our xCHANGERS to re-imagine a wholly different future and how to make it happen.
4. As your hosts for every IGNITE xCHANGE, we make sure the flow of energy and ideas continues beyond the day of. We extend the experience through transmedia platforms that sustain continuing exchange, and real-time updates on ongoing collaborations and how our community is acting on the mix of ideas and energy exchanged.
5. Finally, we invest and execute on the best fruits of our IGNITE xCHANGE, opening the door and facilitating collaboration for those of us who want to participate. When a viable innovation opportunity emerges, we commit resources to nurture and pursue innovation: from idea, to design and prototype, through rapid ready-fire-aim MVP (Minimum Viable Product) sprints that test and bring innovations to market in 6-month commitments.
And for you, this added thrill of discovery:
Of all the people we could have chosen, WHY YOU?
What is it in you that could be, with all of us, a force for innovation?
Every IGNITE experience proceeds from this same core belief:
That we Ignite, not just for self, but for each other. Because what we are born to do, we are born to do with others. We need each other’s Genius. And far beyond Genius, we need each other to be on this journey, to fulfill this necessary progression: from Genius, to Purpose and Mission, to Collaboration, and ultimately, to Innovation and Impact.
This is how we lift each other to heights we never in our wildest dreams, or loftiest ambitions, dared.
Full IGNITE MANIFESTO below.
IGNITE xCHANGE II Saturday, 21 April 2018 1:00-5:00 pm Happy hour and light reception follow. Venue: Turf Room MANILA POLO CLUB McKinley Road, Forbes Park, Makati City Seats are free, but limited. We would greatly appreciate your RSVP below.
At Ignite, we know these to be true:
First, that I am gifted with my own Genius – unique, unrepeated and unrepeatable for all time.
Second, that my singular Genius bears the thumbprint of Who I Am and Why I am Here. Genius points to Purpose, Purpose to Genius.
Third, that I can only give out of what I have been given. And what I have been given, I must give and live for others. Genius finds its fullness in a Purpose bigger than self.
Fourth, that if I am honest and brave, my Genius and Purpose will find their manifest call in a shared Mission – with others, for others. A Mission rooted in finding that particular slice of humanity whose particular pains I am particularly gifted (and compelled!) to heal.
Fifth, that this shared Mission leads naturally to Collaboration, and ultimately, to Innovation. Shared Mission demands Shared Genius: mine, yours, ours. If we are a collection of our own Genius – each unique, unrepeated, unrepeatable – where can we go, but to Innovation.
We Ignite, therefore, not just for self, but for each other. Because what we are born to do, we are born to do with others. We need each other’s Genius. And far beyond Genius, we need each other to be on this journey, to fulfill the necessary progression: from Genius, to Purpose and Mission, to Collaboration, and ultimately, to Innovation and Impact.
This is the path of transcendence. This is how we lift each other to heights we never in our wildest dreams, or loftiest ambitions, dared
Do what you were born to do in the company of others who are doing what they were born to do