You’re invited to one of Manila’s most curated gatherings. Find out why.
IGNITE xCHANGE I
The Wicked Labs Series
RADICAL INNOVATIONS WE CAN PURUSE TODAY TO VASTLY RE-IMAGINE MANILA’S HOME DWELLING OF TOMORROW.
What if the future were in our hands. (Oh, but we will show you it is!)
Rise and shine to Manila’s greater Silicon Valley. Yes, Manila. We’re not the world’s second most populous city for nothing (behind Tokyo’s 33MM, ahead of NYC’s 17MM).
Everyday in our bustling metropolis of 24,000,000, we wake to a laboratory-full of the world’s most wicked problems.
Which puts us in pole position to solve them. We enjoy a massive advantage being so up-close and personal to a whole biodiversity of the world’s most pressing problems, and thus, to a universe of innovations – if we cared enough to solve them.
Manila’s store of wicked problems holds a torrent of potential unicorns, billion-dollar innovations that impact humanity and matter on a global scale
– if we cared enough to solve them.
This is what every IGNITE xCHANGE is about.
We ignite compassion and fan the flames of our inimitable brand of innovation.
1. We focus on one of Manila’s wicked problems.
In this case: urban home dwelling, projected to grow 50% through 2021, driven primarily by the middle-income segment. It’s not a problem per se, but massive changes are happening and it will all converge on home sweet home. Quality of life is degrading at an accelerating pace at the same time as massive demographic, socio-economic, and behavioral shifts are changing the fabric and flow of everyday life. Try mixing all these up in a wicked stew: traffic, pollution, over-burdened infrastructure, continued abuse of meager-to-non-existent urban planning, a growing middle class composed of younger, more mobile workforce that’s marrying later and having less kids, while being disproportionately concentrated in sectors (e.g., BPO and its related sectors) that are under threat from technological shifts (e.g., AI), growing income gaps and numbers of un- and under-employed, etc.
All these converge at home. Home is where the heart is, and in our view, the experience of home dwelling is rife for innovation today, rife for re-imagining today, so we can build a better life for tomorrow.
2. We gather 50 of Manila’s bright minds, restless spirits, and experienced hands from a diversity of sectors in and around our defined space. Diversity is key. Among us, we will have luminaries in economics, urban planning, architecture, design, construction, finance, insurance, leasing, home furnishings, consumer durables, home maintenance and repair, security, lifestyle, health, education, entertainment, etc. And we will be right alongside innovators who are pushing the envelope in fields like collaborative consumption and the sharing economy, artificial intelligence, smart devices and internet of things, med tech and home healthcare, edutech, fintech, etc.
3. We use experience-design thinking to create an exhilarating mix of exchanges – from 10×6 expert sharings (10 experts, 6 minutes each) directly from their respective battlefields, to game-enhanced breakouts and plenaries – we challenge ourselves to identify the most viable opportunities to innovate in our defined space. Solutions are always great, but when the paradigm itself is broken, we push the envelope and challenge our xCHANGERS to re-imagine a wholly different future and how to make it happen.
4. As your hosts for every IGNITE xCHANGE, we make sure the flow of energy and ideas continues beyond the day of. We extend the experience through transmedia platforms that sustain continuing exchange and realtime updates on ongoing collaborations and how our community is acting on the mix of ideas and energy exchanged.
5. Finally, we invest and execute on the best fruits of our IGNITE xCHANGE, opening the door and facilitating collaboration for those of us who want to participate. When a viable innovation opportunity emerges, we commit resources to nurture and pursue innovation: from idea, to design and prototype, through rapid ready-fire-aim MVP (Minimum Viable Product) sprints that test and bring innovations to market in 6-month commitments.
And for you, this added thrill of discovery:
Of all the people we could have chosen, WHY YOU?
What is it in you that could be, with all of us, a force for innovation?
Every IGNITE experience proceeds from this same core belief:
That we Ignite, not just for self, but for each other. Because what we are born to do, we are born to do with others. We need each other’s Genius. And far beyond Genius, we need each other to be on this journey, to fulfill this necessary progression: from Genius, to Purpose and Mission, to Collaboration, and ultimately, to Innovation and Impact.
This is how we lift each other to heights we never in our wildest dreams, or loftiest ambitions, dared.
Full IGNITE MANIFESTO below.
IGNITE xCHANGE I Saturday, 10 March 2018 1:00-5:00 pm Manila Polo Club Seats are free, but limited. We would greatly appreciate your RSVP below.
At Ignite, we know these to be true:
First, that I am gifted with my own Genius – unique, unrepeated and unrepeatable for all time.
Second, that my singular Genius bears the thumbprint of Who I Am and Why I am Here. Genius points to Purpose, Purpose to Genius.
Third, that I can only give out of what I have been given. And what I have been given, I must give and live for others. Genius finds its fullness in a Purpose bigger than self.
Fourth, that if I am honest and brave, my Genius and Purpose will find their manifest call in a shared Mission – with others, for others. A Mission rooted in finding that particular slice of humanity whose particular pains I am particularly gifted (and compelled!) to heal.
Fifth, that this shared Mission leads naturally to Collaboration, and ultimately, to Innovation. Shared Mission demands Shared Genius: mine, yours, ours. If we are a collection of our own Genius – each unique, unrepeated, unrepeatable – where can we go, but to Innovation.
We Ignite, therefore, not just for self, but for each other. Because what we are born to do, we are born to do with others. We need each other’s Genius. And far beyond Genius, we need each other to be on this journey, to fulfill the necessary progression: from Genius, to Purpose and Mission, to Collaboration, and ultimately, to Innovation and Impact.
This is the path of transcendence. This is how we lift each other to heights we never in our wildest dreams, or loftiest ambitions, dared